We've been told that depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Yet, there haven't been any studies proving brain levels of serotonin or any neurotransmitter are in short supply when depression or any mental health issues develop.
Big Pharma has been perpetuating this premise for decades and there's much evidence showing the harms are much greater then we're being told.
My guest is Caroline Smythe, MD- an extraordinary functional medicine psychiatrist. She believes in "root cause resolution" and treating the underlying imbalances when addressing mental health and well being.
Did You Know?
• Global revenue for antidepressants is nearly $17 billion annually.
• Clinical depression affects about 16 million people in the U.S.
• 13% of Americans take antidepressants.
• Nearly 1 in 10 kids has an ADHD diagnosis.
• So... are we really deficient in SSRI's?
During this episode we will explore a variety of factors that trigger meant health and behavioral disorders and how to avoid Pharma offerings.